Take a Screenshot in Windows 10 or 8
You can either use Snipping tool or Print-Screen button to capture a screenshot on Windows 10 or Windows 8.
- Press “Prt Scn” and it will copy the entire visible screen to your Clipboard. If you are using notebook then you may have to hold “Fn” key before pressing “Prt Scn” but it depends on model.
Tip: Sometimes there is no need to press “FN” key and screenshot can be taken by just pressing “PrtSc” button.
Screenshot PC at a Specific Portion
First hold Windows+Shift keys and then press “S” now drag your cursor to draw a rectangle around the area which you want to capture on your PC or laptop. This option will only work if you have installed Windows 10 creators Update.
Capture Screenshot in Windows 7 or Vista PC
The above method to take a screenshot works on both Windows 7 and Windows 8. However, you can also use Snipping Tool and can launch it by using this path Start>> All Programs>> Accessories>> Snipping Tool.
Just you have to click on “NEW”, select the area which you want to capture by dragging mouse and then save the image.
The snipping tool method also works in Windows XP, but the Basic and Starter edition will not have this tool.
Capture Screenshot in Windows Phone or Tablet
- In Windows 8 phone you can capture screen when you press Power button and Start Button together.
- In Windows 8.1 phones one can do that by pressing volume-up and power button at same time.
- In Windows Tablets users can easily capture screenshots by simultaneously pressing Windows and Volume-down buttons.
The screenshots will save in pictures library under Screenshots folder in all above handheld devices.
Where is PrtSc button located?
You can find Print Screen button at the upper right portion of your keyboard. The name abbreviation can also change sometimes and it depends on your model.
How to Save Screenshot as a file from Clipboard?
Launch “Paint App” on your Windows and paste the screenshot by using command “CTRL+V” and then save your file.
How to Capture Screenshots in Linux
You can simply use the “Prt SC” button on your keyboard to capture screenshots on Linux. No matter what type of front interface you are using it will work on all types of desktops including Gnome, KDE Plasma, or XFCE.
Where is the Print Screen button located on keyboard
There are two different methods to capture screenshot an iPad. You can find below the method or use trial and error approach to hunt the way for your device.
Screenshot an iPad having Face ID
- You have to press Volume up button and Top button (Power Button) simultaneously and release when you see a light screen flash.
- You can see the results in Photos> Albums> Screenshots
Screenshot an iPad With Touch ID
- Press together the top Power button and Home Button, and instantly release as you see screen flash.
- You can see the results in Photos> Albums> Screenshots
How Can I Edit a Screenshot on iPad
- Open the Photos app and select the screenshot which you want to edit.
- Tap on the Edit icon at upper side of your screen. Now tap on Markup icon the tap on Plus icon and make changes which you like. You can add text, shapes, signature and more with this feature.
- After you are done just tap on “Done” to save changes.
How Can I Screenshot Android Phones or Android Tablets
There are two different methods to capture screen on Android devices either they are phones or tablets.
- Hold and press Volume Down and Power Buttons until you see a light flash on your screen.
- Press Power and Home button at once for at least 2 seconds until your screen flashes.
In both methods the system will save the screenshots in Photos library or Gallery under folder name Screenshots.
If your Android OS is 4.0 or earlier, then you have to download an App to capture screenshots.
How Can I Edit a Screenshot in Android
Open the screenshot from the photos library and then tap on the Menu Icon from upper right corner.
Can I Take Screenshots using Google Assistant?
Yes, you can use Google Assistant to capture screenshots on Android devices. Just open the required screen and say “OK Google, take a screenshot”. It will automatically capture a screenshot.
How to Screenshot Samsung Phones
Use Volume-down and power button command for Galaxy S8 and later models
Use Home and power button command for Galaxy S7 and former models.
How Do I Screenshot Motorola Phones
On Motorola devices you have to use Power & Volume-down button commands.
How Can I Screenshot Google Phones?
For both Nexus & Pixles models you have to use the power button and volume down button
What is the Method to Screenshot LG Phones?
You have to use Volume-down and power button command to capture screenshots on LG Android phones.
If you are looking to take screenshots in Chrome browser then you have to install some external extensions for that purpose.
You can also use the “PrtSc” button on your keyboard to instantly capture your Google Chrome screen.
- Open Chrome browser then download and install “Easy Screen Capture” Extension.
- You can either capture whole page, current window or your selected area.
- The screenshot can be either saved as .PNG or .PDF file
- You can also copy the file to your clipboard to share at any chatting platform.
The extension also allows you to change the screenshot download folder. Beside to that you can also edit your screenshots with built-in tools.
Download Multilingual Edition WinSnap 3.5.5 Shareware. Software Size: 741.0 KB Update Time :2011-03-03 Software Language: multi-language providers: WinSnap Software License: Shareware Rating: Application Platform: Win9X Win2000 WinXP Win2003
WinSnap software Introduction
WinSnap is a screen capture software that allows you to capture the need for handy screenshot. Flexible image capture, mainly to capture the entire screen, active window, selected region etc, image output and diverse, including documents, clipboard and mail. Software has set the delay before capture, custom hotkey capture, image file names automatically by time or template to capture successful voice prompts, preview captured pictures, image print, image watermarking, image anti-color, image flip, image rotation, etc. Function. Images can be captured to save the image file, copy to the clipboard and other means output.
Download Multilingual Edition WinSnap 3.5.5 Shareware